Thursday, December 18, 2014

Acting Jealous

Job 4:“Consider now: Who, being innocent, has ever perished?
    Where were the upright ever destroyed?
As I have observed, those who plow evil
    and those who sow trouble reap it.
At the breath of God they perish;
    at the blast of his anger they are no more.

============

Award time really showed how pitiful I was. If I didn’t receive the award I pouted, questioned and ranted about how good I was. One time “this snake of a guy” received an award and got promoted! I went in and expressed my disillusionment and suddenly I was being looked at funny, like “I” was the problem. I mean, he was the jerk, right? Wrong!

  • Sometimes jealousy blinds me.
  • Sometimes jealousy makes me look at people the wrong way.
  • Sometimes jealousy sets a false expectation that makes me more entitled than I am.


Political environments are very difficult to work in. I mean it’s standard practice to get passed over even when many people around me said I was one of the best. Some of these statements went to my head and I was filled with rage. BUT GOD wants me to think different.

  • GOD wants me to know HE will tear me down or raise me up in HIS time.
  • GOD wants me to know the battle is not mine rather it is HE who has placed me where I am.
  • GOD wants me to know HIS plan for me is perfect and the sneaky people are already accounted for.


“Judge, jury and executioner” thinking had to be disposed of when dealing with GOD. HE is well aware of those who steal ideas, cheat on expenses and short cut their work to get ahead. GOD wants me to do my work for HIM rather than doing it for humans, this way I cannot be jealous. I’m not saying stay in a place that oppresses people or harms them, but I am saying jealousy is not something GOD enjoys from me.

  • Are you jealous of those who seem to have it easy?
  • Do you say “Look at that person squandering their life with millions of dollars?”
  • Can you stop talking about “that” person and start speaking about GOD?
  • Will you take a moment to focus on what GOD wants you to do rather than being jealous about another person?


No comments:

Post a Comment