Tuesday, December 16, 2014

On the Edge of Cursing GOD

Job 2:So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head. Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.

His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!”

10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish[b] woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”

In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

============

“I’m not going to serve YOU anymore” I said to GOD in a curt fashion. It was the first job I had been passed over for and I really wanted it. I was only eighteen months out of college and one of my friends recommended that I try the executive track. When I did not get the position I threw a tantrum. I mean what good is this GOD stuff anyway if I don’t get my way?

  • When I don’t get my way I am ready to give up on GOD.
  • When I don’t get my way I am ready to tell GOD to go somewhere else.
  • When I don’t get my way I am ready to blame GOD because “I” think HE has the power to give me “my” way but simply refuses to.


Looking back on many situations I see how patient GOD was with me. HE saw the immature baby within me and held on tight anyway. After being passed over for this position, I was passed over for many others at different companies. This made me stronger and wiser. It also taught me to look at GOD and not the positions.

  • GOD wants me to continue to praise HIM in the middle of trouble.
  • GOD wants me to expect trouble and when I get some, expect more trouble and continue to praise HIM.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIM in all that I aspire to do so I can depend on HIM and mature.


Growing up is a difficult thing to do, BUT GOD wants me to mature in HIS ways. This may mean taking on a little more trouble so I can praise HIM through it. People around me may not understand. They may even question my faith, BUT GOD continues to guide me towards growth in HIM.

  • Are you pouting at GOD?
  • Do you have complaints on your lips?
  • Will you focus your words on praise instead of problems?
  • Can you seek maturity in GOD and expect problems in life rather than only expecting comfort?
  • Can you understand that GOD loves you dearly and has warned you that life will have trouble?


No comments:

Post a Comment