Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Opportunity Comes at Strange Times


Esther 2: 19 When the virgins were assembled a second time, Mordecai was sitting at the king’s gate. 20 But Esther had kept secret her family background and nationality just as Mordecai had told her to do, for she continued to follow Mordecai’s instructions as she had done when he was bringing her up.
21 During the time Mordecai was sitting at the king’s gate, Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king’s officers who guarded the doorway, became angry and conspired to assassinate King Xerxes. 22 But Mordecai found out about the plot and told Queen Esther, who in turn reported it to the king, giving credit to Mordecai.

============

My roommate and I were walking back from class when the dorm director pulled up and asked us, “Would you like to visit a nearby college?” We jumped in the car and reveled our first trip to another world.

Another time I was sitting and waiting for my interview, and was called in early. The other candidate decided to go with another company. I got the job.

Yet another time a large company was reorganizing and I was in a conference room confused about the future. It just so happened that I was in the conference room of one of the people who was initiating the change and I was invited to help.

  • Sometimes I thought I was simply at the right place at the right time.
  • Sometimes I thought I was simple lucky.
  • Sometimes I thought I had what it took so therefore I made things happen.


I have learned over the years that there is no such thing as luck and positioning myself to be at the right place could never happen the way it has happened in my life. In fact, the times I tried to position myself for something I wanted got met with huge disappointment. What am I to do?

  • GOD wants me to rely on HIM to deliver the right path HE wants me on.
  • GOD wants me to understand HE is the one who provides favor.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE can provide, protect and prevail over any circumstance.


There are no coincidences. GOD has me right where HE wants me at all times. HE is blessing me thoroughly even when I don’t recognize it.

  • Are you trying to position yourself to be at the right place at the right time for something you want?
  • Do you place luck over faith?
  • Can you start having faith in GOD today?
  • Can you open your spiritual eyes and notice where GOD has you so you can be useful to HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment