Thursday, January 15, 2015

Getting Stronger


Job 16:Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways,
    and those with clean hands will grow stronger.

============

Sitting in the corner with my head down was how I felt many times. I mean life can deal out some vicious blows. My car was totaled at the time and work was not only clear across campus but I lived an additional half mile from the edge.  I had no money so I had to go to work. Then one day it rained. “Don’t go” popped in my mind. I wonder if I should have lied and called in sick.

  • Sometimes I get tempted to cut corners.
  • Sometimes I feel like doing things that are comfortable.
  • Sometimes I lean towards little white lies that protect my way.


I took a deep breath and walked to work and found it wasn’t so bad. I found ways to get to work through buildings that would keep me semi dry and I could make it on time. Soon I enjoyed walking and I became stronger in my convictions about going to work. My boss saw that I was on time each day so he commended me.

  • When I think no one is watching GOD is watching.
  • When I think no one cares GOD cares.
  • When I think no one is in my corner GOD holds me tight and no one can pluck me out of HIS hand.


GOD knows I will face adverse times, yet HE holds onto me tightly and with a loving grip. HE wants me to mature and face battles instead of running away and hiding. HE knows my weaknesses and has me doing exercises daily to strengthen areas in my life that aren’t so good. HE knows exactly what to take me through to make me stronger.

  • Are you going through something?
  • Does it all seem to be falling apart?
  • Can you put your trust in GOD and depend on HIM?
  • Will you lift your head up, get up and raise up your arms to praise GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment