Monday, January 5, 2015

GOD Understands


Job 10:I say to God: Do not declare me guilty,
    but tell me what charges you have against me.
Does it please you to oppress me,
    to spurn the work of your hands,
    while you smile on the plans of the wicked?

============

In this New Year I begin my journey not blaming GOD.  As I continue in my daily reading, I noticed Job felt beat down and rightfully so. I mean he tried to do everything GOD said to do and he ended up without a family or possessions and sores from the top of his scalp to the soles on his feet. He could not rest.

I have never faced what he faced, yet there have been many times I felt as if GOD were standing over me with a bat, ready to club my head in. My questions would ring out.

  • GOD “Why, oh why hast thou forsaken me?”
  • GOD “Do I have to drink from this cup?”
  • GOD “Do YOU have to turn YOUR back on me?”


Then I realized these were the same questions JESUS asked HIS FATHER. JESUS felt lost and forlorn just like I have at times. HE was misunderstood and slandered by HIS own. Avid church goers decided to kill HIM and follow corrupt people who were in power. It’s apparent GOD wants me to think differently this year.

  • GOD wants me to throw away any bitterness towards HIM and others.
  • GOD wants me to spit out my poisonous words towards HIM and others.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom first and all these things will be added to me.


This year GOD wants me to reach out to people and let them know they can always put their trust in HIM.

  • Are you still dragging your poison into this year?
  • Can you let go of the problems you had last year and wipe the slate clean?
  • Will you look to GOD daily instead of looking months down the road?


No comments:

Post a Comment