Thursday, January 8, 2015

Limits on the Unlimited

Job 11: 13 “To God belong wisdom and power;
    counsel and understanding are his.
14 What he tears down cannot be rebuilt;
    those he imprisons cannot be released.
15 If he holds back the waters, there is drought;
    if he lets them loose, they devastate the land.
16 To him belong strength and insight;
    both deceived and deceiver are his.

============

Job was in a “woe is me” state and rightfully so.  I have gone through this many times in my life, but looking back I wasn’t really going through much.

  • When I think the world is falling down around me, it truly is.
  • When I think everyone is against me, they really are.
  • When I think I can’t do something, I really can’t do it.


Limits are what holds me back. When I see something huge as a barrier in my mind, then suddenly I put limits on GOD. I say what HE can and can’t do then I rationalize my sinful state into the equation. I say “Maybe I’m too sinful to reach my goal” which is a statement saying GOD’s grace isn’t sufficient enough.

  • GOD wants me to believe HE has limitless power.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE has limitless resources.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE has limitless knowledge.


When I get into a down state like Job, I have to think differently. I have to look at what GOD can do versus what my deceitful eyes can see. GOD wants me to believe HE has no limitations and HE can do the impossible.

  • Are you feeling down?
  • Do you think you are on your last leg?
  • Can you stop thinking GOD is so small that HE won’t help you?
  • Will you start believing in HIM and let HIM do HIS thing?


No comments:

Post a Comment