Thursday, January 22, 2015

Looking at Greener Grass

Job 21: 13 They spend their years in prosperity
    and go down to the grave in peace.
14 Yet they say to God, ‘Leave us alone!
    We have no desire to know your ways.
15 Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him?

    What would we gain by praying to him?’
16 But their prosperity is not in their own hands,
    so I stand aloof from the plans of the wicked.

============

When I thought of the letter “H” I pursued Humility. I did the right things and lead a somewhat peaceful life. But it always seemed as if someone around me, who was reckless in their abandon, would always do better. I mean it seemed like the drug dealers would always have more money. I at least rationalized that they would be shot soon so I carried on.

Later it was peers at work who seemed to get better raises and bigger offices. Then I read the news when I was struggling in my payments and see some star who would buy frivolous items and not once look at GOD. I realized the “H” I found was Hater.

  • Sometimes I look at the wealthy and get mad at GOD for allowing them to have it easy.
  • Sometimes I look at the wealthy like they are getting everything they want without praying.
  • Sometimes I look at the wealthy as a destination rather than a mirage.


I must admit it is hard to say to the poor, “Hang in there and remain poor” because it’s no fun being poor. Meanwhile those who never have a thought about GOD, not even once on a daily basis, seem to go unscathed. Is this fair? GOD thinks so.

  • Wealth is fine BUT GOD knows my tipping point where wealth would blind me from HIM.
  • Money is fine BUT GOD says to me “The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.”
  • Prosperity is fine BUT GOD understands that the only way for me to truly be prosperous is to be generous without being jealous.


GOD wants me to look at the news and say “Good for them” when it comes to the wealthy who waste. HE actually wants me to look at my own actions to see if I am being generous and not jealous. If I can give and not look at greener grass then I am pleasing GOD for I am giving a sacrifice to the MOST HIGH.

  • Are you jealous of the wealthy?
  • Do you pout at your financial circumstance?
  • Can you praise GOD sacrificially today?
  • Can you stop looking at other people for a moment and give to someone even when you don’t have much?


No comments:

Post a Comment