Friday, February 6, 2015

Age Does Not Mean Wisdom


Job 31:I thought, ‘Age should speak;
    advanced years should teach wisdom.’
But it is the spirit in a person,
    the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding.

============

Seeking a mentor I ran into a person who seemed to withstand the test of time at the company. He provided his words. “When you drink on the company’s dime, don’t over drink. Never mess around with people in the company, especially with your boss’s spouse. Never steal the company’s money. This place is a jealous mistress.”

These words seemed to give lots of leeway into whatever I wanted to do, yet seemed to teach me nothing. Who should I listen to?

  • Some of the advice I have heard may not have been the best.
  • Some of the mentoring I have received has not been the best.
  • Some of the guidance I have received may not have been the best.


Selfish motives, rebellious living and lust are things I have to listen for when accepting someone’s advice. If I blindly listen then I could get caught up in something I did not mean to. Where should I get my advice?

  • GOD gave me a HIS word to follow written by harmoniously through many authors.
  • GOD gave me HIS people who struggle to remain true to HIM.
  • GOD gave me HIS SPIRIT to guide me to HIS way.


I always say “I hear GOD when HE tells me to do something I don’t want to do that would benefit HIS kingdom.” I mean who wants to give away their money instead of going on a lavish vacation or stop lusting over the world or serve instead of being served?” Yet when I slow down and listen to HIM it always works.

GOD’s methods are unconventional. Some things HE has me doing does not make sense to the world. BUT GOD sees my strange efforts and adds another reward in heaven. Listening to GOD means seeking HIS word through the Bible coupled with faulty humans coupled with the perfection of the HOLY SPIRIT. I will seek HIS truth.

  • Are you confused?
  • Have you been listening to faulty humans?
  • Can you seek what GOD has to say, I mean really seek?
  • Will you stop trying to find people who will tell you what you want to hear and seek what GOD wants to tell you?


No comments:

Post a Comment