Friday, February 20, 2015

Being Restored

Job 42: 10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before. 

-------

12 The Lord blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. 

============

Pondering Job’s calamity I learned a lot about GOD and myself. Job was trying to do what was right all his life. His faith was tested in extreme measures all in one day by losing his family, wealth and health. These are things that I and many I know hold dearly to their hearts. Quite honestly it looked like GOD was the bad guy in the story, but it was Satan who asked to do all of this to Job after GOD said “consider my servant Job.”

Here is what I learned:

  • GOD sees every faithful action I do and wants me to do it for HIM no matter what condition I’m in.
  • GOD knows I’m a sinner and I cannot fool HIM so I should stop trying to be righteous and start trusting in HIM.
  • GOD’s ways are not my ways so I should not try to make HIM follow my ways rather learn how to follow HIM.
  • GOD allows calamity in my life and others but HE always has a marvelous plan that we are not always privy to in this life.
  • GOD is always in my corner even when it looks disastrous.


Job had to hang in through some incredibly rough times. He had no one around him who could help him through a GOD ordained issue. He had no way to stop the calamity and had practically given up. He wished he wasn’t born. BUT GOD restored him.

I did ponder a question. “Why did people have to die?” and all I could get from this slice of history is GOD has that in HIS control. HE holds life and death in HIS hands and “everything under heaven is HIS.” HE owns humans, wealth and health. Satan wants me to look at GOD as the problem when he is the one who seeks to devour me.

My focus should always remain on faith in GOD, trust in HIS love and hope in HIS deliverance.

  • Do you think your righteousness is saving you from calamity?
  • Do you trust in yourself more than you trust in GOD’s love for you?
  • Will you stop trying to maneuver GOD and flow down HIS rushing river?
  • Can you ask GOD to show you HIS plan for you this day and this day alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment