Psalm 5 11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
Working for a company thirty or forty years was my goal when I graduated. That’s what the generation before me did. They worked hard and retired with a mountain of cash, house paid off and the dream realized. As I sat at my desk I felt that I couldn’t work for this particular company another day let alone thirty nine more years! But the job was so comfortable. I felt guilty for looking.
- Sometimes I seek to find a comfortable place.
- Sometimes I seek places here on earth where I can exhale.
- Sometimes I seek situations where the stress is low and utopia abounds.
Disappointed by not getting the first job I applied for, I almost gave up the search. Maybe the town and dead end job I had was where I was supposed to be. BUT GOD intervened. A recruiter called me and whisked me away to another city. I would go on a ride I never would have believed. I forgot to mention, this happened when I started seeking GOD.
- When I seek GOD as my refuge, the location doesn’t matter.
- When I seek GOD as my refuge, the job doesn’t matter.
- When I seek GOD as my refuge, the situation doesn’t matter.
GOD is where I am supposed to seek my comfort. HE provide a place of solace on a daily basis. HE enables me to sing songs to HIM even through rocky times. Looking back the only stability in situations has been GOD. I mean I have had some good times and bad BUT GOD has always been there. HE provides my joy!
- Are you seeking comfort?
- Do you want to just have a breather?
- Can you focus on GOD for you refuge?
- Will you allow HIM to give you peace?