Wednesday, February 25, 2015

GOD Protects Me

Psalm 3:But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
    my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
I call out to the Lord,
    and he answers me from his holy mountain.
I lie down and sleep;
    I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
I will not fear though tens of thousands

    assail me on every side.

============

Laughing and joking was our way to unwind from the precarious day at school. The two of us were in the home stretch and knew the schedule well. We figured that if we got off the bus one stop earlier, then we could start our mile walk home, that is unless another bus were to come.

A thug called for us to stop. We kept going. Then another appeared from nowhere. We looked at each other and took off in separate directions. I conveniently ran to where I worked, which is amazing that I was that close in the first place and my friend ran into the supermarket who’s parking lot we were crossing. I asked my boss to call the cops and when it was clear, my friend and I connected and walked home.

  • Many times I have faced some very dangerous situations.
  • Many times I have been surrounded with problems on every side.
  • Many times I have seen assailants come up against me.


I have no idea why there are those who think they can rob, assault or kill, but they exist. Sometimes the question is, “Why does GOD allow me to be robbed, assaulted or on the brink of being killed?” Here is what I have noticed in my life.

  • GOD has put a shield around me in some very dangerous situations and I am still here.
  • GOD is the ONE who lifts my head high when I call on HIM.
  • GOD is the one who sustains me when I falter.
  • GOD protects me on all sides even though many foes may surround me.


I have been robbed, punched, bullied and bruised; BUT GOD protected me the entire way! HE surrounded me so many times that I cannot begin to count. GOD is my salvation!

  • Are you surrounded by something that is causing you to worry?
  • Do you have something or someone who has caused you fear?
  • Can you thank GOD for protecting you?
  • Will you rely on GOD’s protection rather than living in fear?


No comments:

Post a Comment