Job 41: 11 Who has a claim against me that I must pay?
Bonus time was also the time in which they would announce promotions. “This is my year” I said to myself. I mean I worked very hard this particular year and my boss seemed to like me. When they made the announcement, I was elated. I got the promotion just like I thought, but it came with a twist. I was promoted to run one of the most unruly groups in the department. It was bittersweet.
- Sometimes I don’t know how to react to certain situations.
- Sometimes I don’t know whether to complain or praise.
- Sometimes I don’t know if I’m being punished or protected.
This unruly group was extremely challenging. They did not like each other or me. I asked GOD for wisdom and HE provided me with some advice.
- GOD said to me “Treat people the same, just like I do.”
- GOD said to me “Have patience and a plan for each person just like I do with you.”
- GOD said to me “Love each person as you love yourself.”
I had to stop thinking “levels” and start believing that GOD loves each person just the same. GOD sees something special in the person I feel is belligerent. When I met with each person one on one I got to know them and they weren’t so bad, in fact they had some great ideas and had not been listened to.
I did as GOD said in spite of some of their insults and tantrums and soon I was blessed with a cohesive team. I am slowly understanding that “Everything under heaven belongs to GOD” even situations I have yet to face.
- Are you complaining?
- Do you think you can change GOD’s mind by acting good?
- Can you ask GOD to open your eyes to HIS plan versus yours?
- Will you accept HIS will and move forward with faith instead of fear?