Friday, February 13, 2015

Stop and Pay Attention

Job 37:He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’
    and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’
So that everyone he has made may know his work,
    he stops all people from their labor.

============

“Got a minute?” my boss said to me as I was considering going home for the day. “We need to work on this bid.” So I stayed. I worked hard and minutes turned into hours. Soon I noticed the sun rising. It was the next day and I had worked thirty six hours straight. We did not get the bid.

  • Sometimes my busy life causes me to forget everything around me.
  • Sometimes my busy life causes me to run so fast that I cannot see anything next to me.
  • Sometimes my busy life causes me to push, push, push, but to what avail?


Many times the finished line has been placed right in front of me only to be moved a few yards further when I get close to it. I think, maybe if I run faster and longer then I can cross it. Meanwhile, I miss the opportunity to speak peace into the lives around me.

  • GOD says to me “Slow down or I will slow you down.”
  • GOD says to me “I created you for MY purpose.”
  • GOD says to me “Turn back to ME.”


Days are not meant to be spent without thinking about GOD. HE provides the air I breathe and the food I consume. HE wants me to slow down and think about HIM each and every day. HE doesn’t want me to only think of HIM during an emergency or some extreme weather condition.

GOD wants me, all of me. If I can only give HIM a part of me on a daily basis then I have a great start.

  • Are you ignoring GOD?
  • Is life too busy to slow down and pay attention to GOD?
  • Is GOD screaming and you are not listening?
  • Will you stop for a moment and praise GOD right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment