Monday, March 9, 2015

Being on the Right Side


Psalm 10: 16 The Lord is King for ever and ever;
    the nations will perish from his land.
17 You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted;
    you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed,
    so that mere earthly mortals
    will never again strike terror.

============

“Fire them all” was my thought when I returned. I mean it seemed like the organization was tied up in a political mess and the best thing to do was clean house. People could sense there was a definite change in how things were being done and some left the organization. I wonder if I was on the side of the afflicted.

  • Power blinds me.
  • Power shortens my patience.
  • Power causes me to have more battles.


Striving for higher positions is not a bad thing to do, but the power is the thing that needs control. If I begin to flex my muscles on my team then the rebellion will ensue. Eventually someone will cry out to the LORD and what I thought was the right thing may in fact fall on me.

  • Being on GOD’s side means I have to have patience.
  • Being on GOD’s side means I need to consult HIM for my steps versus my feelings.
  • Being on GOD’s side means I need to listen to the cry of the people rather than forging ahead with my pitiful plan.


When I am weakest GOD is strongest. HE listens to the afflicted not the powerful braggarts. I was shocked to see earlier in this chapter that the wicked “prosper.” I am not surprised, but shocked. I mean doesn’t it say the wicked will “not” prosper? It does, but their prosperity will be short lived. GOD wants to give me the desire of my heart as long as my heart is pointed to HIS.

  • Do you know if GOD is with you who can be against you?
  • Can you understand that GOD does not need you cleaned up before HE can love you?
  • Will you accept HIS grace as being sufficient?
  • Can you seek GOD and ask for your desires today?


No comments:

Post a Comment