Friday, March 20, 2015

Strange Ways Work

Psalm 18: 30 As for God, his way is perfect:
    The Lord’s word is flawless;
    he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.

============

With a car full of my stuff I turned down a semi-familiar street. I had only been to this town once so every street looked the same. I felt something say “Turn here.” I looked to the left and it was a one-way street headed in the opposite direction so I only had one way to turn. About one block later my quest ended with the apartment I sought out. Not only was it the perfect price, I discovered it was only blocks from my new job.

  • My intuition can be faulty.
  • My instinct can fail.
  • My insight can be wrong.


Finding an apartment the way I found this one goes against logic. I mean one approach could be to go to my place of work then look within a certain radius of that location, comparing pricing until I found some within my range, and then executing a cost benefit of each one… whew! GOD had something different in mind.

  • GOD wants me to not to be foolish rather depend on HIM for my decision making.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM first then proceed in the direction HE sends me.
  • GOD wants me to take refuge in HIS way which sometimes may seem strange to everyone around me.


Conventional methods do not seem GOD’s style in my life. I mean HE has lifted me up to places I never should have been and taken me places I never should have gone. Like Noah building an Ark or Joshua marching around a city seven times and defeating it with a trumpet, GOD has me doing strange things that seem extremely unconventional to everyone around me.

HE makes me realize I must depend on HIM and seek HIS face daily in spite of what surrounds me. It is GOD who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

  • Are you listening to GOD?
  • Does HE have you doing something out of the ordinary that is beneficial to the kingdom and not harmful to others?
  • Can you put your full trust in HIM today?


No comments:

Post a Comment