Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fear of Failure

Psalm 16:Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
    you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

============

As I made my next move I decided to vet my idea to a few people. One person said I should “go left” another said “go right” another said “wait” and another said “charge.” When it was all said and done I was confused and went nowhere. Shortly after, another person who overheard the idea took it and ran with it, receiving accolades. I was indecisive.

  • Unknown trails are scary to me.
  • Fear of failing causes me to stay put.
  • Impatience causes me to have knee-jerk reactions rather than calculated moves.


One definition of fear is wanting and desiring success or peace, but not taking any steps to get there. Whether it’s under or overthinking, fear cascades through my mind, thinking the worst could happen. Fear gets larger the more responsibility I take on. BUT GOD has some good advice for me.

  • GOD says to me “Fear not, for I AM with you.”
  • GOD says to me “MY grace is sufficient.”
  • GOD says to me “I will wipe away your tears.”


The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places and I can see the delightful inheritance of GOD. HE is the only one who can bring peace in the middle of the storm. HE whispers, so I need to quiet down to hear HIM and HIM alone, especially when others around me are confused or panicked. GOD wants me to hear HIM so I will not be shaken.

  • Are you shaken?
  • Do you have fear?
  • Can you put your fear in GOD rather than on the thing you want so badly?
  • Will you seek GOD’s comfort by telling HIM, out loud, what is bothering you?
  • Can you prepare yourself for GOD to say “No” or “Wait” or “Yes” in HIS time?


No comments:

Post a Comment