Thursday, March 12, 2015

Feeling Forgotten

Psalm 13:How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever?
    How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
    and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
    How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, Lord my God.
    Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,
and my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
    and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love;
    my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing the Lord’s praise,

    for he has been good to me.

============

With my heart pumping I raced around looking for my group. I made my way to the bus area but everything looked the same. I saw no familiar faces, then the realization hit me, I had been left. Of course I acted mature and found the nearest official adult and inquired about what to do, right? Wrong! I cried like the “single digit aged child” I was at the time. I had been left at an amusement park, alone with no way to save myself.

  • There are times I have been in a crowd of people and felt alone.
  • There are times when I have cried out and felt forgotten.
  • There are times where I have looked at my abilities and felt inadequate for the solution.


“How long LORD?” is the question David asks, knowing GOD is the answer to his troubles. I understand and have felt the same way many times. It’s great to hear “trust in the LORD” from people who aren’t going through problems but they may not understand the trouble or believe that GOD is the answer. BUT GOD says something different.

  • GOD wants me to trust in HIS unfailing love and look beyond the trouble.
  • GOD wants my heart to rejoice in HIS salvation rather than looking at today’s temporary comfort.
  • GOD wants me to sing praise to HIM and about HIM for HE has been good to me.


“Trouble you will have” says GOD, “But MY love is unfailing.” GOD wants me to quiet down daily and seek HIS face for peace. No matter what circumstance I am going through HE is there to pick me up and tell me “I love you.” GOD’s love for me is unfailing and in troubled times I need to seek HIS face for peace.

  • Are you troubled?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten you?
  • Can you realize that HIS love for you is unfailing?
  • Can you look beyond the circumstances and seek peace from GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment