Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Getting Guidance

Psalm 25:In you, Lord my God,
    I put my trust.
I trust in you;
    do not let me be put to shame,
    nor let my enemies triumph over me.
No one who hopes in you

    will ever be put to shame,
but shame will come on those
    who are treacherous without cause.

-------

Good and upright is the Lord;
    therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right
    and teaches them his way.
10 All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful
    toward those who keep the demands of his covenant.
11 For the sake of your name, Lord,
    forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

============

When I read this I thought the entire chapter should actually be listed here. There are step by step instructions for getting guidance from GOD.

  • First I have to place my trust in GOD “daily” for yesterday’s trust wears off and tomorrow brings fear.
  • I have to put my hope in GOD rather than depending on funds or people or projects to grow me.
  • I have to seek GOD’s path for the day rather than building my own, this comes from quieting down and asking “GOD what will you have me do today?”
  • I have to put down doubt about GOD and believe HE is “Good,” “Upright,” “Loving,” and “Faithful.”
  • I have to know I am a sinner and my sin clouds my view of GOD.
  • Lastly, I have to “Ask” GOD to turn to me, to relieve my troubled heart, to look on my affliction and distress, to guard me and protect me.


GOD is not the ultimate punisher towards those who love HIM. HE seeks me daily and it’s up to me to turn to HIM and ask.


No comments:

Post a Comment