Monday, March 2, 2015

Getting Through Agony

Psalm 6:Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger
    or discipline me in your wrath.
Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am faint;
    heal me, Lord, for my bones are in agony.
My soul is in deep anguish.
    How long, Lord, how long?

============

A tear rolled down my cheek as I chewed in agony. Something was wrong with a tooth and I was in wrenching pain. I tried over the counter medicines and they seemed to work for a while, but now they had no effect. I called around to find dentists who were available but for some reason every appointment was filled with emergencies. Finally I found a doctor who would see me in three days. Three days??!! How will I last?

  • Sometimes I see my pain as an emergency.
  • Sometimes I see my anguish as the most important thing going on right now.
  • Sometimes I see my agony as the pinnacle of things that needs to be solved right now!


How long, Lord, how long?” David asks and when I am in pain I ask the same question. I mean my problem is the most important thing going on in the world isn’t it?

  • GOD says to me “Bring your cares to ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Cast your troubles at MY feet.”
  • GOD says to me “I will provide you strength to do all things.”


Pain, anguish and agony are easy things for GOD to handle. Physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellness are definitely HIS concern for me. HE wants the best for me and understands life’s troubles. I thought I could not survive the painful toothache and years later I almost forgot the incident. HE takes me though many situations and I am stronger only because of HIS strength.

  • Are you going through pain?
  • Are you exhausted from asking “how long?”
  • Will you give your time expectation over to GOD knowing HE will clear up the issue HIS way and in HIS time?
  • Can you understand that HIS love for you is deeper than any problem you can face?


No comments:

Post a Comment