Monday, March 23, 2015

Removing the Blockage

Psalm 19:The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;

    night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
    It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
    and makes its circuit to the other;
    nothing is deprived of its warmth.

============

Breathtaking is the only word that I could use to describe the landscape as I came around a curve in the road. The ocean was in front of me, mountains behind  and the sun hung brightly in the sky. At that moment I could only see the majestic work of GOD. As time passed, I saw traffic, I saw the problem of the day in my mind through voicemail, and I saw reports from my desk. I drowned out seeing GOD with the noise of my surroundings.

  • Many times I cannot see GOD because of what I’m looking at.
  • Many times I cannot hear GOD because I’m too busy listening to problems or myself.
  • Many times I cannot feel GOD because I think HE is “upstairs” or away from me in some distant galaxy, only doing big things.


Broken stuff, bank accounts, car trouble and my physical body can block me from noticing the little and the large things GOD does. I can get so caught up in the problem of the day that I cannot notice GOD’s creative work. I may even say “How does looking at the ocean solve the broken appliance in my house?” BUT GOD says something different.

  • When I can slow down to notice GOD’s mastery, I can obtain peace that HE can handle my tiny problem.
  • When I can slow down to see GOD’s majesty, I can see HE is concerned about every detail of life, mine included.
  • When I can slow down to listen to GOD’s magnificence, I can understand HE is right here and not in some distant location.


GOD is surging through everything in front of me. HE is all round me and sometimes I need to step outside, quiet myself down and look. Gratitude for HIS work makes me hear HIM a lot better than a complaint for where I am. When I can truly marvel at HIS decision for creation, I can see HIS concern for me.

  • Are you so focused on your problem that you can no longer hear GOD?
  • Do you see GOD’s creative work around you?
  • Can you slow down, look outside and marvel at what GOD has created for a moment?
  • Will you simply praise HIM for who HE is?

No comments:

Post a Comment