Tuesday, March 3, 2015

What Goes Around Comes Around

Psalm 7: 14 Whoever is pregnant with evil
    conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
15 Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out
    falls into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them;
    their violence comes down on their own heads.
17 I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness;
    I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High.


============

“I’m gonna tell” were my words to my brother. We had gotten into an argument over something trivial and my method of resolution was to bring in the judge.  Moments into court my expectations of a favorable ruling turned into dismay when I realized I was now on trial. My parents quickly cross examined my motive and sentence was passed. We both got it!

  • When I sow seeds of discord I reap discord.
  • When I sow seeds of discontent I reap discontentment.
  • When I sow seeds of disruption I reap disruption.


Looking back, GOD thwarted my evil plans every time. It seemed like other people could get away with things but when I tried I would get caught. When I would get mad at someone I was the one who had to bring peace otherwise I would fall into a hole.

  • GOD says to me “Vengeance is MINE, I will repay” so I can’t repay evil with evil.
  • GOD says to me “Love one another” so my evil plans will fall apart if I am not acting in love.
  • GOD says to me “Whatever you sow is what your will reap” so my evil seeds will grow along side of my good seeds.


GOD is not a “respect of persons”, in other words HE is not prejudiced at all. HE does not like evil from me or anyone else. HE puts me in the same pot with others when I think I should be in the “special” pot. But then I realize, this is a good thing. HE sees other people as righteous just as HE sees me. HE gave HIS SON to all who believe and it is my job to sow the seeds GOD gave me.

  • What seeds are you sowing into the lives around you?
  • Are you sowing seeds of grace or complaint?
  • Have you complained about “that” person to others?
  • Will you begin to sow the seeds of “Love” “Hope” and “Grace” into people?


No comments:

Post a Comment