Monday, May 4, 2015

A Request for Restoration

Psalm 51: 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

============

“Mend the relationship” was the advice I was given from an external mentor. He didn’t work at my company but gave some sage advice to keep my career going. He advised me to take the first step and admit where I had been wrong. I took a deep breath and thought about how I stood toe to toe against my adversarial Senior Executive.  

I invited him to lunch and cringed at the words that came out of my mouth as I mustered up an apology for my challenges towards his direction. He said he didn’t like my approach but respected me.

  • Admitting when I am wrong doesn’t feel good.
  • Admitting when I am wrong doesn’t make me leap for joy.
  • Admitting when I am wrong doesn’t seem like a position of strength.


It is quite humbling to admit, “I am wrong” especially when something large is at stake. I mean the Senior Executive could have had me fired for insubordination when I admitted my opposing views on all of his plans, but I had to seek restoration.

  • Seeking restoration from GOD means I know I am in a fallen state with HIM.
  • Seeking restoration from GOD means I know I don’t deserve any mercy so I cannot even say “why have YOU forsaken me” to HIM when things go wrong.
  • Seeking restoration from GOD means I know I have broken all of HIS laws and need HIS grace in the timing HE will give it and the method HE delivers it.



It is quite arrogant to get angry at GOD, especially when I haven’t admitted that I am the one who needs grace. Fortunately for me HIS grace is quite amazing! HE sees my anguish and gives me exactly what I need instead of what I deserve. HE placed the HOLY SPIRIT in my sinful body and rooted out all sin. HE forgave me when I asked HIM to.

  • Are you down?
  • Are you low?
  • Can you confess to GOD what you have against HIM?
  • Will you seek restoration by asking GOD to renew and restore you?


No comments:

Post a Comment