Thursday, May 7, 2015

Good is Not Good Enough

Psalm 53: 1 The fool says in his heart,
    “There is no God.”
They are corrupt, and their ways are vile;
    there is no one who does good.
2 God looks down from heaven
    on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
    any who seek God.
3 Everyone has turned away, all have become corrupt;

    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.

-------

6 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
    When God restores his people,
    let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!

============

In a bind I had nowhere to turn. “Side with the thief or the liar” were my choices. I had to become one or the other in order to get what I needed. I chose siding with the thief. I mean lying seems too extreme and the thief was admired.

  • When I look at someone else’s righteousness I forget I am a sinner.
  • When I look at someone else’s downfalls I forget I have issues.
  • When I look at someone else’s sin I forget I have sin.


It’s easy to look at “that” person and say ‘Tsk, tsk, tsk, look at what they are doing.” I mean whatever “they” are doing is much worse than what I’m doing, right? Wrong! What I’m doing may be viler to GOD than what “they” are doing.

  • GOD says to me “Do not compare yourself to anyone or you will be judged.”
  • GOD says to me “Your righteousness is like filthy rags.”
  • GOD says to me “MY grace is sufficient.”


We are all in the mud, throwing mud at each other saying “you have mud on you.” When I try to be “good’ to get my way with GOD and then get mad at HIM for not getting my way, I show just how evil my heart is. GOD knew that I would turn away from HIM and HE loved me anyway. HIS SON volunteered to restore my sinful life by dying for me. I am eternally grateful.

  • Are you comparing yourself to others, even in the tiniest way?
  • Do you talk about other folk’s mistakes or sins?
  • Can you praise GOD instead of thinking bad or talking about someone?
  • Will you allow GOD to save you, HIS way and in HIS time?

No comments:

Post a Comment