Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Amazingly Chosen


Psalm 65:Praise awaits you, our God, in Zion;
    to you our vows will be fulfilled.
You who answer prayer,
    to you all people will come.
When we were overwhelmed by sins,
    you forgave our transgressions.
Blessed are those you choose
    and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
    of your holy temple.

============

“That’s funny, all the other windows look wet but my driver’s window looks dry” I thought to myself. Then I wondered if I left the window down. To my dismay my car had been broken into. The initial shock caused me to question. “Why did this happen to me?” “Was it the sin I blatantly committed last night at or after the club?”

  • Sometimes I think life is a balance of being sinful and being good.
  • Sometimes I think I can get my way by being good.
  • Sometimes I think I am being punished for being sinful.


Quite honestly it does seem like more goes wrong when I blatantly sin than when I try not to. This perspective is very dangerous because it breeds controlling GOD to the point where I can commit sin when I want to then be good for a while to balance the sin. GOD is not a thermostat, nor is HE the justice scales.

  • GOD saved me in the “middle” of my sins which took tremendous grace on HIS part.
  • GOD saw that I would not choose HIM so HE chose me and I had nothing to do with that choice.
  • GOD blessed me with HIS decision to forgive me and it is now my choice to accept HIS direction.


Being supreme means GOD’s decisions are final and cannot be questioned or challenged. HE can take me low or lift me up. HE can choose some to live and some to die. HE answers my prayer with careful planning so I should never be upset with the answer because HE has a wonderful plan for me. Praise awaits YOU, my GOD, in Zion for HE answers my prayers with supreme authority!

  • Are you trying to steer GOD?
  • Do you think you are getting away with sin or do you think you can balance your sin with good?
  • Can you accept the fact that GOD ha already provided you with an enormous amount of grace?
  • Will you release control of your life and let GOD guide your path?


No comments:

Post a Comment