Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hiding in a Safe Place

Psalm 62: Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
    my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
    he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
    he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
    pour out your hearts to him,
    for God is our refuge.

============

Pea green was the color I remember as a child. The first time I watch the clouds go from very dark charcoal grey to a greenish color stayed in my mind. The clouds began to swirl and I stood on the porch and watched as a small tornado began to form. It never touched down but I was fascinated. I saw the sky change again as a teen, then again in early adulthood. The last time I saw the clouds look like that was when I had to tell my family to go in the basement because the twister was definitely on its way.

  • There are times in my life where I have had to run for cover.
  • There are times in my life that seem like the situation is too powerful for me.
  • There are times in my life that seem so overwhelming that all I can do is run and hide.


From childhood I was taught to go hide in a basement or the lowest place I could find when a tornado approached. This form of weather is so wild and extreme and out of control that all I can do is hide, same with life sometimes. Life has a way to seem so wild and out of control that it can feel like a tornado of missed expectations from all sides. Where can I hide when life gets out of control?

  • GOD says to me “Come unto ME all of you that are heavy laden and I will give you rest.”
  • GOD says to me “Look to ME and I will give you renewed hope and peace.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the only fortress, every other shelter will be shaken.”


Reliance on houses, cash, insurance or ability is what causes me to be shaken. When I rely on stuff that could be broken or run out then I feel scared. BUT GOD is never exhausted, never scared, always willing to love me in spite of me. HE knows I forget about HIM when times are good and welcomes me when I run to HIM when I am scared. HE is the best hiding place in the middle of a storm and I can say “thank YOU for whatever the outcome as long as I am with YOU.”

  • Are you frightened?
  • Do you feel a storm around you?
  • Can you relax your thoughts and stop focusing on the problem and focus on GOD’s greatness?
  • Will you stop believing the lie that GOD is not doing anything in your life and believe that GOD is blessing you daily?


No comments:

Post a Comment