Friday, May 22, 2015

I thought I did it Myself


Psalm 64:All people will fear;
    they will proclaim the works of God
    and ponder what he has done.
10 The righteous will rejoice in the Lord
    and take refuge in him;
    all the upright in heart will glory in him!

============

Leadership training taught me to take credit for “my” accomplishments and help others do the same. I saw videos that showed the power of one person stopping a tank. I “can” be powerful, I thought to myself.

  • I have read so many motivational sayings about power from within.
  • I have heard so many people tell me “I” am great.
  • I have listened to motivators tell me “I can conquer anything” but they leave off “how.”


Arrogance is bred when “I” think “I” accomplished anything on my own. I mean I have held some great titles and been rewarded by people. Sometimes these awards went to my head and I thought I was doing something. BUT GOD truly wants me to give HIM credit.

  • GOD wants me to acknowledge I cannot anything on my own.
  • GOD wants me to state that HE can tear me down or lift me up as HE pleases.
  • GOD wants me to understand that all “my” works are known by HIM way before I do them.


There is no power within me. GOD is my source of power. HE gave me an empty shell and I have the choice to fill it up with “me” or HIM. No matter what I choose, when it is all over I will be required to proclaim the works of GOD. I choose to believe that GOD is my refuge and I rejoice at all HE is doing!

  • Do you feel self-made?
  • Do you lack confidence?
  • Can you stop looking at yourself and start looking at GOD for the source of your strength?
  • Do you know when you are at your weakest, GOD’s strength shines bright?
  • Can you reset your confidence by going after “that” thing with GOD in front of you?


No comments:

Post a Comment