Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Praise to Everyone

Psalm 57:I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
    I will sing of you among the peoples.
10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
    your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
    let your glory be over all the earth.


============

Ambivalent was my emotion towards airing my beliefs at work. On one hand I have a large crowd who I spent an immense amount of time, on the other I had people who worked with me who “may have” gotten offended by my show. GOD put it on someone’s heart to challenge me to leave the daily spiritual voicemail that would go around the company. “No thanks” was my answer. I mean, what if someone got offended?

  • There have been times where I hid my relationship with GOD.
  • There have been times where my job was more important than showing my relationship with GOD.
  • There have been times where I was ashamed to mention GOD.


Money and power have a strange way of squeezing GOD out of the picture in my life. If I praise GOD daily I look like a religious freak. If I mention GOD in public I would be ridiculed and labeled as a nut. BUT GOD loves praise.

  • GOD says to me “Praise ME to the nations”
  • GOD says to me “If you are ashamed of ME then I will be ashamed of you.”
  • GOD says to me “Sing about ME among the peoples.”


“Praise GOD” seems like a canned response but really should be said daily. As a person who follows GOD, I should make it known to everyone that I am HIS regardless of the position or the place. It’s easy for me to say this, living in a country who allows me to speak about GOD freely. BUT GOD has enabled me to speak about HIM in other places around the world where HIS message was not wise to speak. GOD wants me to open my mouth, speak about HIM and never be ashamed.

  • Are you hiding your relationship with GOD because of your status?
  • Do you feel embarrassed speaking about GOD?
  • Can you praise GOD in public without feeling embarrassed?
  • Can you drop the feeling of embarrassment by opening your mouth and saying JESUS to someone, knowing there is power in HIS name?
  • Will you praise GOD today regardless?


No comments:

Post a Comment