Friday, May 15, 2015

Taking Credit


Psalm 59: 17 You are my strength, I sing praise to you;
    you, God, are my fortress,
    my God on whom I can rely.

============

Prayer was approaching a habit at this time. I decided to pray about the situation and it seemed like everything cleared up overnight. People around me saw that I had talent and I was promoted. Soon after I got as tough as the other bosses. “’I’ am strong enough to handle these people” I thought to myself.  “I” made it here “myself” and “I” can reach the top.


  • It is false to think that I have any power whatsoever.
  • It is false to think that my health, wealth and welfare come from me.
  • It is false to think that I can breathe on my one, work on my own, live on my own.

I used to think that strength came from me. I mean when I was scrawny, I lifted weights and grew large. When I wasn’t successful, I worked harder than anyone else until I was. Soon I thought I was a self-made man. BUT GOD wants different.


  • GOD wants me to give HIM credit for every step that I take.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM for everything that is done.
  • GOD wants me to sing to HIM and about HIM because HE is the one who deserves credit.

It is GOD who raised me up and it is up to HIM to place me wherever HE wants me to go. HE is the bright shining light in the morning who blesses me with strength. I have no might at all. I cannot breathe without GOD. HE has the right to do as HE pleases and I praise HIM for it. I can always rely on GOD.


  • Are you doing things on your own strength?
  • Do you think it is your might that has you where you are?
  • Do you think that your sin controls GOD’s blessings?
  • Can you look at GOD’s grace as being sufficient?
  • Will you look to GOD and praise HIM for being your strength today?

No comments:

Post a Comment