Friday, May 8, 2015

Where to Cry Out

Psalm 54:Save me, O God, by your name;
    vindicate me by your might.
Hear my prayer, O God;
    listen to the words of my mouth.
Arrogant foes are attacking me;
    ruthless people are trying to kill me—
    people without regard for God
Surely God is my help;
    the Lord is the one who sustains me.
Let evil recoil on those who slander me;
    in your faithfulness destroy them.
I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you;
    I will praise your name, Lord, for it is good.
You have delivered me from all my troubles,
    and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.


============

As I presented my idea, it was shot down quickly. “No big deal” I thought. At the next meeting I did the same with the same result. I went to another meeting with another group and got the same result. I wonder if it is my presentation style. I went to a mentor and asked “What was my problem?” He said, “This group has banned together, you cannot win.”

  • There have been times when I’m on the other side of the crowd.
  • There have been times when I’m on the outside rather than being on the inside of the crowd.
  • There have been times when I cannot seem to win over a certain crowd.


The funny thing is as soon as I declared I would follow CHRIST a little deeper, I started having troubles. I mean I took a stance and would no longer participate in the “harmless” conversations that joked about body parts. I would no longer use the slander tactic to remove the leader above me, instead I would only speak positively, no matter how they behaved. I would no longer look the other way while someone’s drink tab was a bit high. How did I get there in the first place?

  • Only GOD can help me follow HIS path because other paths are celebrated by the masses.
  • Only GOD can help me follow HIS path because other paths, while destructive, are crowded.
  • Only GOD can help me follow HIS path because other paths seem so glitzy and glamorous but are full of destruction.


Blind ambition is the correct term that put me in a place where I could no longer be “me.” I had to be someone else in order to get ahead. Whatever lusts the leader had, I had, or at least pretended to have. BUT GOD wanted me to act differently. HE said to me “What is it to gain the whole world and lose your soul?” This was a very harsh statement at a pivotal point in my career.  I chose GOD.  HE hears my cries and delivers me from my troubles.

  • Where are you?
  • Are you trying to fit in the crowd?
  • Can you take a stance and follow GOD no matter what?
  • Will you ask GOD to help you follow HIS path?


No comments:

Post a Comment