Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Where to go when I am afraid

Psalm 56:When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
    In God, whose word I praise—
in God I trust and am not afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?

============

“Do not be afraid” appears in the Bible a lot. I mean it seems like when I turn another page, the statement about fear is addressed. On many occasions, I have felt fear, sometimes to the point of panic. When this happens, I run around as a chicken with a severed head. What is it about fear that is so stifling?

  • I notice when I have fear, I am usually looking into the future.
  • I notice when I have fear, I am usually replaying my situation over and over.
  • I notice when I have fear, I am usually stuck in the past.


What is it that makes me afraid? I believe fear is the collision of my desire against GOD’s will. I mean when GOD wants me to do something and I want to do something else, our wills collide. Of course GOD will “win” but HE isn’t out to “win” He simply wants to show love to me. When I am afraid, what should I do?

  • When I am afraid I will go put my trust in GOD.
  • When I am afraid I will praise HIM and HIS word.
  • When I am afraid I will realize mere mortals cannot do anything to me that is not ordained by GOD.


Trusting in GOD means placing all of my life into HIS hands. HE understands my needs wants and desires. HE has the right to say “No” “wait” or “yes.” My dependence should come from HIM daily. HE wants me to sit, listen and watch HIS deliverance.

  • Are you afraid?
  • Do you have something troubling you?
  • Can you trust that GOD knows what HE is doing even in the middle of crisis?
  • Will you place your dependence on GOD today?



No comments:

Post a Comment