Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Come out of the Cave

Psalm 142:Listen to my cry,
    for I am in desperate need;
rescue me from those who pursue me,
    for they are too strong for me.
Set me free from my prison,
    that I may praise your name.
Then the righteous will gather about me
    because of your goodness to me.

============

“Woe is me” I thought to myself as my teacher handed me my graded paper. I did not like the teacher or the subject. I left his class and got dressed for practice. Since I wasn’t as fast the team sped off and I was left trailing in their dust. When I got back I walked down the hallway alone and a football player punched me in the chest so hard that I literally saw stars. “Doesn’t anyone like me?” I thought that day.

  • Some days I just want to crawl back into bed.
  • Some days I just want to hide from everyone.
  • Some days I just want to go inside of a cave and make it my refuge.


David was being pursued by murderers. He ran inside of a cave system and hid from his trackers. I know the feeling. I sometimes have those days where it seems like everyone is against me. BUT GOD says different.

  • GOD says to me “Ask and I will hear you.”
  • GOD says to me “Try ME. Cry out to ME and I will answer.”
  • GOD says to me “I love you and I AM with you always.”


When people have stepped far away from me and things just feel like they are going wrong, GOD stands firmly by my side. HE takes on more of my pain than I can ever know. HE absorbs the sting and helps me grow. GOD makes life livable and brings me out of my cave.

  • Are you embarrassed?
  • Are you hiding from friends and family?
  • Can you stop feeling sorry for yourself and come out of your hiding place?
  • Will you break the cycle of only communicating when things are “fine?”
  • Will you cry out to GOD today for help?


No comments:

Post a Comment