Tuesday, September 8, 2015

HIS Love Endures Forever


Psalm 136:Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods.
His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords:
His love endures forever.
to him who alone does great wonders,
His love endures forever.
who by his understanding made the heavens,
His love endures forever.
who spread out the earth upon the waters,
His love endures forever.
who made the great lights—
His love endures forever.
the sun to govern the day,
His love endures forever.
the moon and stars to govern the night;
His love endures forever.

============

Pondering this passage made me realize that I question GOD's love from time to time. 

When I argued, arrogantly,
HIS love endures forever.
When I battled beliefs,
HIS love endures forever.
When I conjured up corruptness,
HIS love endures forever.
When I doubted HIS domain,
HIS love endures forever.

GOD’s love for me endures forever! This is mindboggling. It is truly impossible to understand just how high or wide or deep GOD’s love is for me. HE is concerned about the sun, moon and stars; while at the same time HE sees a scratch on my arm and immediately begins to heal it.

GOD loves me but sin wants me to make HIM love me “my” way.  GOD’s greatness deserves for me to want GOD the way HE is, not the way I want HIM. HIS love for me endures forever and I choose to follow HIM.

  • Do you think GOD has stopped loving you?
  • Do you “feel” GOD loves others more than HE loves you?
  • Can you stop listening to the sin inside of you and believe GOD’s love for you is forever?
  • Will you acknowledge that it is your sin nature that makes you doubt HIM so you can start seeing HIS greatness?
  • Will you tell someone today that GOD loves you forever?



No comments:

Post a Comment