Friday, September 11, 2015

GOD Knows

Psalm 139: 13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

-------

23 Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

============

Name calling was a pass time of the kids in my neighborhood. I was called “Captain Naps” because of my hair. I was called “Mr. Peabody” the cartoon dog because of my professor like glasses. I was called “Skinny Minnie” because of my frail stature. I was called “Holey Moly” because of the holes in my pants and the list goes on. The desire to fit in seemed so far away.

  • There were times in my life where I felt I didn’t fit in.
  • There were times in my life where I felt I didn’t measure up.
  • There were times in my life where I felt I didn’t have the right people in my corner.


After childhood I matured and realized that people are fickle and I am in that crowd. One minute I praise someone, the next I have a rock in my hand ready to stone them. BUT GOD has grace.

  • GOD created me exactly how HE wanted me to be.
  • GOD knit me together in my mother’s womb meaning HE chose my parents.
  • GOD made me fearfully and wonderfully and set my life on a path of purpose.


People can try to derail the purpose GOD has for me. I can buy into the negative poison that is spit at me or I can say “no!” GOD made me with a purpose, namely to proclaim the greatness of HIS SON and sometimes I use examples rather than words. GOD needs to search my heart on a daily basis to buffet my offensive ways so HE can keep my purpose focused on everlasting ways.

  • Are you down on yourself?
  • Do you wish you were born into a different family?
  • Can you accept the fact that GOD made you exactly as you are and HE is excited about you?
  • Will you live your life with purpose rather than being blown around by the winds of human perception?
  • Will you praise GOD today for making your life have meaning?



No comments:

Post a Comment