Friday, September 25, 2015

GOD’s Delight


Psalm 147: 10 His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse,
    nor his delight in the legs of the warrior;
11 the Lord delights in those who fear him,
    who put their hope in his unfailing love.

============

Fear is a misconception in the circles I roam. At work, rules were developed to instill fear of insubordination. In my old neighborhood fear was used to mark a territory, though I never quite understood that. Friends and family each had their fears and so did I. Fear of failure, embarrassment, losing stuff and more held me back or made me make decisions that were not filled with passion, rather they were tentative at best.

  • My fear of the world blinds me.
  • My fear of people makes me tread lightly.
  • My fear of failure holds me back from trying.


Fear of people, losing stuff and jobs seem healthy to most, but to GOD it is not good. The more fear I have of the long list of phobias, the dimmer my eyes become. Soon, I cannot see GOD and HIS marvelous power. HE says have no fear, yet fear HIM. Is this confusing? No!

  • GOD wants me to fear straying from HIM and falling into something that is powerless.
  • GOD wants me to fear using my own power rather than plugging into HIS infinite power.
  • GOD wants me to fear loving money or my neighbors stuff so I can look to GOD for my provision.


GOD is love not arrogant. HE is not an oppressor who demands fear like a bully or a conqueror. GOD wants me to understand that HE IS GOD. HIS power is infinite and should not be blown off. My worship should be pointed towards HIM and not myself. The more I seek HIS face, the deeper our relationship grows. HE provides wisdom and never fails to love me.

  • Are you full of harmful fear?
  • What is your fear and can you write it down on paper and tear it up so you can give it to GOD?
  • Will you put your full trust in GOD by asking for a tiny amount of faith to be added to you daily?


No comments:

Post a Comment