Thursday, September 10, 2015

How to Act High and Mighty

Psalm 138:Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
    though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
    you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes;
    with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me;
    your love, Lord, endures forever—
    do not abandon the works of your hands.

============

“One day I will have an office” I said to myself. Only those who were very high up in the company had offices instead of cubicles. An office had a door that could be closed and people couldn’t just wander in and pry all over “my” desk. I observed how the big bosses would separate themselves from the underlings by placing an admin as a guard; meanwhile anyone could just barge into my tiny cubicle!

  • Sometimes I think I want levels especially when I desire to be on top.
  • Sometimes I think I like levels especially when I think the top is worth the climb.
  • Sometimes I think I would enjoy levels because maybe people would treat me differently.


Adjustment after adjustment, behavior change after behavior change I did emerge on top. I had an administrative assistant who was my guard from those on the bottom but not from those on top. I saw people I wanted to help but could not. Is this how GOD acts? NO!

  • GOD is exalted but looks kindly on the lowly and wants me to treat everyone the same.
  • GOD is lofty and sees people from afar and wants me to seek HIS people rather than waiting for them to come to me.
  • GOD is the preserver of life, vindicator of wrongs and sustainer of love and wants me to look to HIM for power.


Levels are a myth and a creation of man to horde the comforts of life. Levels breed exclusion, limits access and causes me not to answer my phone when people cry out. BUT GOD is the only one who should be exalted. HE should be raised up in my life as the standard, meanwhile I should treat everyone the same, with utmost respect. GOD wants me to point my life to HIM.

  • Do you want to go to the next level?
  • Are you trying to climb the ladder of success by excluding people?
  • When will you mimic GOD’s behavior by seeking the lost?
  • Will you lift GOD up, lower yourself and seek HIS people?


No comments:

Post a Comment