Monday, September 21, 2015

Let Me See

Psalm 144:The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
    slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
    he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All your works praise you, Lord;
    your faithful people extol you.
11 They tell of the glory of your kingdom
    and speak of your might,
12 so that all people may know of your mighty acts
    and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
    and your dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises
    and faithful in all he does.

============

Once when I woke up, my mind flooded with thoughts of the day. Immediately I started thinking about my priorities and problems I needed to solve. As I thought more and more I knew one of two things would happen; I would get deep into problem solving or painful pleading.

  • Sometimes my thoughts are the culprit.
  • Sometimes my thoughts are the problem.
  • Sometimes my thoughts are not in control and are open to negativity.


Thoughts are wonderful and dangerous at the same time. I can be blessed with some creative ideas or I can be cursed with negative thoughts that spill only over myself. As I wake up “Thinking” I want to have my thoughts altered.

  • I want GOD to open my eyes to see HIS grace and compassion because my thoughts blind me.
  • I want GOD to open my eyes to HIS slowness to anger and richness in love so I won’t blame HIM for my wicked thoughts.
  • I want GOD to open my eyes to HIS works, trustworthiness and faithfulness so I can go out and exclaim HIS blessings to all!


GOD wants me to roll out of bed and onto my knees in prayer so I can hold my thoughts captive for a moment while I ask HIM for peace. Only GOD can provide peace, especially when my thoughts can be hijacked. GOD opens my eyes and lets me see!

  • Have you assessed your thoughts?
  • Would you say your thoughts are mostly positive or negative?
  • Do you know your heart is tied to your thoughts and the words you speak can affect many?
  • Will you guard your thoughts today and speak encouraging words of wisdom and peace?


No comments:

Post a Comment