Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Next Level Relationship

Psalm 132:Lord, remember David
    and all his self-denial.
He swore an oath to the Lord,
    he made a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:
“I will not enter my house
    or go to my bed,
I will allow no sleep to my eyes
    or slumber to my eyelids,
till I find a place for the Lord,
    a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob.”

============

It seems like more problems happened after I said “I believe that JESUS CHRIST died for my sins and is now alive fully as GOD.” I was young and the problems rolled in. Someone outside of my church challenged me to “learn how to pray.”

At one point in my life I didn’t pray at all. I took it to the next level by reciting a memory verse at each meal as dictated by my parents. I then was led by this person to pray for others, for forgiveness of my sins and to praise GOD.

GOD wants me to evaluate every aspect of my life to see if I am growing. HE does not want me to remain a child in my relationship with HIM. David was very driven because the SPIRIT led him to do something tremendous for GOD, something that had never been done before. He was led to build a church. We still mimic this behavior to this very day.

  • Instead of working for money GOD wants me to work for HIM.
  • Instead of serving people to feel good about myself GOD wants me to serve so people can see HIM.
  • Instead of constantly worrying about what will happen to me GOD wants me to see HIS next assignment from HIM.


When I was a child I was frightened and full of fear. Then one day I got tired of being afraid. I realized my life is worthless without GOD and HE wants me to actively seek HIM daily rather than getting caught up in the busy activities of life. Don’t get me wrong, humans should be busy, but taking GOD into my busy lifestyle is most productive.

  • Are you actively seeking to grow?
  • Do you still fear the world or do you fear not following GOD?
  • Are you living your life on your past triumphs or are you letting GOD take you on new adventures?
  • Will you allow GOD to do marvelous works in you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment