Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sacrifice is Cool

Psalm 141:I call to you, Lord, come quickly to me;
    hear me when I call to you.
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
    may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.

============

GOD cannot wait to bless me on a daily basis. When I go to sleep, HE puts a watch over me and the HOLY SPIRIT speaks on my behalf explaining why I need forgiveness, mercy and love.  When I wake up, HE provides a new day with new adventures. The problem is, I sometimes look at situations and get busy fixing stuff that seems broken. I get distracted and make not time for GOD.

  • Sometimes I am too busy to pray.
  • Sometimes I am too distracted to sing praise.
  • Sometimes I am too enthralled in my circumstance that I leave GOD out of the picture.


While GOD is busy protecting me, caring for me and loving me, I am busy running away from HIM seeking my path. I tell GOD to bow down to me by running in my own direction and demanding that HE fix the broken situation the way “I” want HIM to. BUT GOD is gracious.

  • GOD wants me to slow down on a daily basis and recognize HIS greatness.
  • GOD wants me to take a step back from my circumstance for a minute and just be with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS face and to be excited by who HE is and what HE has done.


My prayer time should not always be “complaint time” or “give me time.” I should sacrifice my needy worries for a moment of praise. HE cares about my needs and knows them well. HE wants me to ask for help and depend on HIM. HE also wants me to praise HIM for taking care of the situation even before I ask HIM. GOD enjoys prayers and keeps every one of them in a nice bowl.

Each of my prayers go up to GOD like sweet smelling incense. HE loves when I make time for HIM as HE does for me.

  • Are you too busy for GOD?
  • Does hearing about GOD on a daily basis turn you off?
  • Will you cling to HIS greatness and ask HIM to provide your needs today?
  • Will you also praise HIM for HIS greatness in your life? 


No comments:

Post a Comment