Friday, September 4, 2015

Spend Time Wisely


Psalm 135: 13 Your name, Lord, endures forever,
    your renown, Lord, through all generations.
14 For the Lord will vindicate his people
    and have compassion on his servants.

============

Pressure seemed to grow the higher I climbed. Deadlines, meetings and conference calls filled my mind. I had to document all of them and review them at night. There was little to no time to think of people outside of the projects I worked on.

  • There is a finite amount of time I am on this planet so I should praise the LORD.
  • There is a finite amount of time I am on this planet so I should spend some of it with GOD.
  • There is a finite amount of time I am on this planet so I should think of serving HIS people.


This chapter talks about how great and marvelous GOD is, but then it took a dark turn and talked about GOD destroying once mighty Egypt. Barbaric towards slaves, Egypt reigned with a mighty hand. Tierney caused GOD’s people to cry out. GOD heard.

  • GOD hears me when I cry out.
  • GOD hears me when I am in need.
  • GOD hears me when I seek to serve HIM and HIS people.


Turning to GOD should be a daily thing rather than an afterthought upon attending church once a week. GOD wants me to seek the lost because time is running out. HIS name endures forever, not mine. My finite time should be spent as if tomorrow were the last.

  • Are you spending an enormous amount of time mad, sad or worried?
  • Can you quiet down for a moment and ponder GOD’s greatness?
  • Will you stop spinning your troubles in your mind for a minute and notice GOD around you, even if it is for a second? 


No comments:

Post a Comment