Thursday, September 3, 2015

Today Not Tomorrow


Psalm 134:Praise the Lord, all you servants of the Lord
    who minister by night in the house of the Lord.
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary
    and praise the Lord.
May the Lord bless you from Zion,
    he who is the Maker of heaven and earth.

============

Dinner was all I could think about. I ran inside and there it was, on the table as usual. I watched TV and went to bed. When I got up the next day I went outside to ride my bike. I remembered leaving it by the back porch right next to the door. I mean we had a fence; my bike should not have just walked away! As reality sank in I realized my bike was gone forever. I moped and fretted the remainder of that summer. “Everyone” went bike riding and I was left at home.

  • There are times when I do not feel like praising.
  • There are times when I do not feel like singing.
  • There are times when I do not feel like smiling.


I was down in the dumps but realized that I could not stay there forever. I mean it was a bike. I went in and grabbed some toy trucks that I had abandoned and rekindled my excitement. I invited a few bike riders into the “secure” fenced area and we built the most marvelous, um whatever we were building, thing in the world!

  • Sorrow happens, but GOD doesn’t want me to stay in sorrow.
  • Pain happens, but GOD doesn’t want me to stay in pain.
  • Misery happens but GOD doesn’t want me to remain miserable.


GOD wants me to learn how to praise HIM in the middle of my pain. HE does not want me to remain as a child, moping and pouting over loss. HE wants me to grow up, stand up and praise HIM! HE doesn’t want me to wait until everything has been cleared up and put away with a nice bow. GOD wants me to recognize HIM and HIS marvelous power even before one step is made to fix the situation.

GOD’s plan is awesome and HE understands my pain. HE isn’t heartless, cruel or sadistic. GOD loves me dearly and is in more pain than I am during the problem. The least I can do is praise HIM!

  • Are you waiting to praise GOD?
  • Do you feel you have to wait on HIM to fix your situation to your specifications in order to praise HIM?
  • Can you praise GOD today instead of waiting for tomorrow?


No comments:

Post a Comment