Monday, October 5, 2015

Better than Hitting the Lottery


Proverbs:2: My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding—
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
    he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
    and protects the way of his faithful ones.

============

“Come on, let’s go play roulette” said a coworker. I went and he gave me some instructions that I could not comprehend. It seemed a bit complicated and simple at the same time. I took a few twenties out of my pocket, bought some chips and placed my bet. The ball rolled around the wheel about five seconds and landed. Next thing I knew the person behind the counter scooped my chips away. My coworker said, I didn’t follow all of his instructions.

  • There is a way that seems right to me that is not always right.
  • There are instructions I have learned that are better left unlearned.
  • There things I have tried that should not have been tried.


Learning is precious. I can spend my time learning about my job or about other people and this will have some gain. But what is the most important thing I should learn?

  • GOD says to me “Ask ME for wisdom and I will give it to you.”
  • GOD says to me “Take MY yoke upon ou and learn of ME.”
  • GOD says to me “Seek wisdom and understanding from ME and I will make you successful.”


GODLY wisdom is very different than book learning. It seemed like the smarter I became in the world,  the dumber I became with GOD. I did not fear HIM or follow HIM. I just went on my own way. BUT GOD rescued me and placed me back on HIS path. HE wants me to learn just how much HE loves me and wants me to follow HIS ways instead of the world.

  • Are you struggling?
  • Are you learning so you can “get ahead?”
  • Will you slow down for a moment and seek GODLY wisdom?
  • Will you ask GOD what HE wants from you or for you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment