Friday, October 30, 2015

I Stopped Serving GOD


Proverbs 21: 30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan
    that can succeed against the Lord.
31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle,
    but victory rests with the Lord.

============

Frustrated at many situations that were not going well, I chose not to serve GOD. I mean it seems like everyone else was getting “their” way and I was not getting mine. I threw away prayer and did not attend church. I was angry at people who had disappointed me and claimed to be followers of GOD. Stop following GOD was my plan.

  • There were times when I rejected GOD’s calling.
  • There were times when I did not want to hear about JESUS or the Bible or being good.
  • There were times when I felt this “GOD” thing was not working so I should try something else.


I set out on my own and didn’t find many answers. In fact I saw calamity and wound up begging GOD to let me back in the house. Life was falling apart and I was without hope. I did not even have GOD to turn to.

  • GOD welcomed me back with open arms.
  • GOD forgave me for trying to run away from HIM.
  • GOD insisted on blessing me when I stopped blaming HIM for my insecurities.


Looking back on this period I ask myself, “What was my plan?” I mean every movement my body makes cannot be done without GOD. Every breath that I take has to be blessed by GOD and every bite of food I take goes to HIS throne for permission to nourish me or kill me. I took GOD for granted and my immaturity made me think I did not owe HIM a thing rather HE owed me.

My plan to stop following GOD failed miserably. I had to swallow my pride and straighten up my act in order to be used of HIM again.

  • Have you given up?
  • Do you feel like you deserve to be treated better?
  • Will you stop your prideful ways and run back to GOD with a humbled heart?
  • Will you serve GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment