Friday, October 9, 2015

Does GOD Hate Me?

Proverbs 6: 16 There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
17         haughty eyes,
        a lying tongue,
        hands that shed innocent blood,
18         a heart that devises wicked schemes,
        feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19         a false witness who pours out lies
        and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

============

Looking at this list made me ask the question, “Does GOD hate me?” I mean I have done a number of these things on the list and each time I suffered consequences. Everything I did on this list seemed to fall back on me, or come out into the open when hidden.

  • When I sin I want to run away from GOD.
  • When I sin I want to hide from GOD.
  • When I sin I become god by saying what HE will do or won’t do.


The list is not exhaustive. GOD does not measure sin in increments. To HIM, sin is sin. There is no such thing as a small sin or a large sin, it’s just sin. So what can I do? I mean I sin daily.

  • GOD said to me “I hate the sin but love the sinner.”
  • GOD said to me “I cannot be in the presence of sin so I made you a new creation.”
  • GOD said to me “I have washed away ALL of your sins by MY death and I AM alive creating a place just for you to live with ME.”


Sin is appalling to GOD so HE would rather that I try my best to reduce it as much as humanly possible. But here’s the great news. GOD forgives me when I fall. HE picks me up when I am down. GOD forgave me because I believed that JESUS did not die in vain rather HE is alive and cares about every detail of my life more than I can ever know! Does GOD hate me? NO! GOD loves me so much that HE lives inside me!

  • Do you doubt GOD’s love?
  • Do you think GOD is trying to make you fail?
  • Can you stop thinking negatively about GOD?
  • Will you reduce your sin without judging others and increase your praise of GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment