Thursday, October 22, 2015

Getting What I Ask For

Proverbs 15: 16 Better a little with the fear of the Lord
    than great wealth with turmoil.
17 Better a small serving of vegetables with love
    than a fattened calf with hatred.

============

“Meet the new boss” were common words at this particular company. I invited him out to dinner to get to know him so I could find out who I had to become now. Fortunately for me, my previous bosses were avid followers of GOD without distractions from their work, but this one was different. Our first conversation went down the direction of drunkenness and wild parties. Is that what I should become now in order to keep my wealth? I had a choice.

  • Sometimes my wealth was the deciding factor of my path.
  • Sometimes my wealth was the focus of my protection.
  • Sometimes my wealth was the fear that was great to me.


The more wealth I accumulated the more I needed to protect it. This meant becoming the bosses right hand. Sometimes the hand was not as clean as it needed to be. I could feel the HOLY SPIRIT saying something to me. “No, not this time” were the words that started me on the path back to GOD.

  • GOD wants me to follow HIM no matter what wealth status I am at.
  • GOD wants me to praise HIM for just being with HIM, not for how much HE gives me.
  • GOD wants me to know HIS love over wealth and HE will lead me in the way that is right.


It is better to have a little and be with the LORD than to be wealthy and be without HIM. I mean where would I go? HE is everywhere and HIS wrath is at the end to those who choose to not follow HIM. GOD blesses me daily with HIS love and protection.

  • Are you seeking wealth?
  • Are you trying to manipulate GOD in order to get wealth?
  • Have you asked yourself “how did I get where I am” lately?
  • Will you get back on HIS path?


No comments:

Post a Comment