Thursday, October 29, 2015

Giving is Living


Proverbs 19: 17 Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord,
    and he will reward them for what they have done.

============

Looking at the time, I realized I was running late. It was cold and I had to park far away. I walked with a bit of a gallop and stopped at a crosswalk of a very busy street. I heard a voice from a person sitting on the ground. “Do you have any spare change” the person asked. I shrugged as the light changed and I crossed the street. I’ll give to them when I return from the gala I was attending. When I got back, the person was nowhere to be found.

  • Sometimes I miss the opportunity.
  • Sometimes I do not help the poor.
  • Sometimes I ignore the needy.


I actually had plenty of time to help the person. I timed how long it would take me to pull my wallet out of my pocket and grab a dollar bill, it was ten seconds.

  • GOD wants me to help those HE puts in front of me.
  • GOD wants me to give to those who HE prompts me to give.
  • GOD wants me to provide for those who HE delivers to me.


GOD said “You will never know if you are entertaining an angel.” Since HE challenges my heart to see if I can handle large sums of money, HE gives me opportunities to see what I will do with small amounts. I can horde it for myself and make excuses for not giving or I can do without for a moment and give. GOD wants me to give and be excited.

Are you a hoarder?
Do you judge the homeless saying they will spend the money on alcohol or drugs?
When is the last time you missed a meal in order to give it to someone?

Will you seek people today to give to?

No comments:

Post a Comment