Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Knowing it All


Proverbs 13: 13 Whoever scorns instruction will pay for it,
    but whoever respects a command is rewarded.
14 The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
    turning a person from the snares of death.

============

Whenever someone came to me with a question, I had an answer. It felt good knowing all there was to know about my department. In fact, I knew it all about everything. But one day, GOD changed my circumstances and I found out just how much I knew. For the first time in a long time I had to swallow my pride and go out and ask questions. It seemed like the simplest tasks were hard and I struggled.

  • My pride makes me not hear.
  • My desire to be on top makes me blind to instruction.
  • My “know it all” attitude makes me scorn instruction.


Giving instruction is easy, but grasping instruction is usually harder when I want to be the “answer person.” It feels great to be the go to person and not so great being the person who is in need. BUT GOD says different.

  • GOD says to me, “I will bless you for seeking.”
  • GOD says to me, “Ask and you will be given.”
  • GOD says to me, “I will give you the right words at the right time.”


I no longer have to be the answer person. GOD is the one who provides me with instruction. HE sends the right people to me at the right time where I can find many answers. This keeps me from thinking I am on my own. As long as I have ears to hear, I can get instructions that will help me grow.

  • Are you avoiding instruction?
  • Do you think you know it all?
  • Can you ask GOD to send people to you that you can hear from?
  • Will you drop your guards in order to hear sound instructions GOD has for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment