Tuesday, October 6, 2015

No More Wise Guy


Proverbs 3: Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    fear the Lord and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body
    and nourishment to your bones

============

“You are the best” people told me. Soon I had an attitude that I was the best. I received a number of awards and people were asking me questions daily. “They will never get rid of me, I’m too valuable” I said to myself.

  • Sometimes I trust in my abilities.
  • Sometimes I trust in the things I can control.
  • Sometimes I trust in me and my book learning.


I loved being the answer man. People would have to line up to get the answers from me and it felt quite nice. I mean who cares that some people did not like me. They were just jealous, right? Wrong!

  • GOD wants me to have HIS wisdom which include humility.
  • GOD wants me to have HIS wisdom which does not include fear of humans rather fear of the LORD.
  • GOD wants me to have HIS wisdom and not calculate what is wrong, rather see that GOD can perform miracles.


I have seen people in my family with incurable diseases get healed. I have seen dire situations go from extremely bad to wonderful. GOD is the only being I can trust when things seem to go wrong. I cannot trust my thinking because it will let me down. I cannot trust my ability because upon observation, they are severely lacking. BUT I can trust in the LORD and lean not on my own understanding.

The wisest of the wise will be confounded, but I will follow the LORD and HE will guide my paths.

  • Are you going through something?
  • Do you think you have the answer or know the cause?
  • Can you place your trust in the LORD today and know HE love you?
  • Will you let HIM heal your body and nourishment to your bones?



No comments:

Post a Comment