Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Teach those who can be taught

Proverbs 9:Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
    teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
11 For through wisdom your days will be many,
    and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you;
    if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.

============

Hat pulled over his eyes and a drooped head showed me just how much this person was interested in my lesson. I thought to myself, “Maybe I need to liven up the material” I mean it is Sunday School. The next week I brought in props and decided to cater to this one person. I think I juggled fire and swallowed broken glass.

He still sat there with his hat pulled over his face in true defiance of the lesson. Meanwhile, everyone else was now distracted and did not learn that day.

  • Sometimes I want to please everyone.
  • Sometimes I want to win them all.
  • Sometimes I want to get “that” person to believe right in front of me.


One person said to me “You can’t win them all” and he was right. That should not mean I will stop trying. Some people need another person to reach them.

  • GOD says to me, “Go, teach and baptize.”
  • GOD says to me, “Fear MY ways and hold them with the highest esteem.”
  • GOD says to me, “Do not cast your pearls before swine.”


The “swine” that GOD speaks of were probably the religious leaders of that day. They were lower than pigs to HIM and could not be taught. They mocked JESUS and would not change their heart. GOD says try to reach as many as you can but realize there will be some who you will not be able to reach. “Seek those who can hear MY words from you and I will bless you and them” says the LORD to me.

  • Are you trying to change that person?
  • Do you think they have to utter the words of salvation right in front of you?
  • Can you continue to pray for them and ask GOD to bring the right person in their life to reach them?
  • Will you continue to seek more and more people to reach with GOD’s message HE has given you?


No comments:

Post a Comment