Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Watch What I Say

Proverbs 18: 21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
    and those who love it will eat its fruit.
22 He who finds a wife finds what is good
    and receives favor from the Lord.

============

Words are extremely important I have found over the years. When I say something harsh to my wife it seems like the whole house gets filled with gloom. No matter how simple the word or how complex the thought if the words are negative the whole world will know about it.

  • Sometimes I have had words of complaint.
  • Sometimes I have had words of disgust.
  • Sometimes I have had words of distrust.


The tongue can be filled with poison and tear up my family. I mean I don’t have to be a cream puff if something is going away from GOD rather I have to watch what I say and say it in love.

  • GOD wants me to see HIS example when HIS own creation blamed HIM, HE prayed for them.
  • GOD wants me to know the power of the tongue can bring life or death.
  • GOD wants me to understand that my words will be replayed to me when I am standing in front of HIM one day.


My words have to be chosen carefully so instead of responding quickly, I have to place my words before GOD and ask HIM to modify them before I speak. Only HE can tame my tongue and make it breathe life.

  • Are you a harsh speaker?
  • Do your words bring life or death?
  • How many people have you torn down with your words?
  • Can you examine your words and place them before GOD today?
  • Will you accept the prayer that any words you say will fall back on you tenfold?


No comments:

Post a Comment