Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What to seek

Proverbs 8: 32 “Now then, my children, listen to me;
    blessed are those who keep my ways.
33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
    do not disregard it.
34 Blessed are those who listen to me,
    watching daily at my doors,
    waiting at my doorway.
35 For those who find me find life
    and receive favor from the Lord.
36 But those who fail to find me harm themselves;
    all who hate me love death.”

============

Clothes! That was my first answer to what I should seek in life. I worked hard and bought knit ties, Mandarin collared shirts and two toned glasses. I would be accepted right? Not yet. I went to a fancy barber and bought some new shoes. Am I accepted yet? Not yet. I wonder if I start wearing cologne, would I be accepted.

  • Sometimes I think outer appearances win me results.
  • Sometimes I think outer appearances are attractive.
  • Sometimes I think outer appearances enable me to receive favor.


It seemed like the beautiful people would always get their way and “I” would be left out. I was seeking a superficial crowd and I could not fit in. BUT GID wanted me to seek something else.

  • GOD wants me to seek HIS wisdom which lets me know I am beautifully and wonderfully made.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS wisdom which enables me to be in HIS favor.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS wisdom which keeps me from harming myself.


GOD has all the answers, not the crowd. HE provides wisdom at the right time. I only have to seek HIS face and HE provides more wisdom than I could ever get from the crowd.

  • Are you seeking worldly wisdom?
  • Do you think that GOD is weak or just a concept?
  • Will you turn your thoughts to HIM and allow HIM to resolve your problems?


No comments:

Post a Comment